Friday, December 5, 2014

Villa Borghese by bicycle

Last Friday Larry headed over to Villa Borghese as noted in a previous post. Here are some photos from the grounds, easily enjoyable on a bike, including some available for rent in the park itself.







There are paved roads, gravel paths and bits of single-track trail to enjoy here amid all the sculpture, not to mention the villa itself, home to the Galleria Borghese which contains some gorgeous works by the vastly (to Larry anyway) underrated Gian Lorenzo Bernini. On this day I didn't go in as my plan was to visit Lazzaretti and I didn't have the required appointment. The photos on the wiki page you can see via the link are much better than any Larry could have taken anyway.

While riding around here I encountered Celeste Milani who we'll meet again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are so stunning! I just pinned it so that I can plan my next Italian adventure!

    ReplyDelete